Are you missing important emails in Outlook because you are not getting their notifications? This problem commonly plagues Windows 10 users when they only find all the emails after actually opening their Outlook app. Wrong notification settings, usage of the offline mode, and incorrectly configured rules can lead to Outlook notifications not working. However, you can fix all these causes with easy-to-follow troubleshooting techniques. This article will provide you with some effective fixes for this common problem.
Fix the Outlook Notifications Not Working Problem in Outlook
If you are facing this issue unexpectedly, restart your system. This could fix the problem if it was because of an intermittent network problem. But if not, follow these resolutions.
Turn on Outlook notifications in your system
- Navigate to Windows ‘Settings.’
- Select ‘System’ followed by ‘Notifications and Actions.’
- Toggle on the setting, ‘Get notifications from apps and other senders.’
- Now go down and turn on the option besides Outlook from the ‘Get notifications from these senders’ menu.
- Tap ‘Outlook’ and ensure that the relevant settings for notifications are on.
Check the Outlook app’s notification settings
You may find that Outlook notifications stopped working, if the in-app settings aren’t enabled.
- In Outlook, click ‘File.’
- Choose ‘Options,’
- In the window that opens, click ‘Mail.’
- Go below the ‘Message Arrival’ area.
- Check the boxes to switch on the desktop and sound alerts.
- Tap ‘OK.’
- You will get Outlook notifications after using these steps on your PC.
Disable Focus Assist
The Focus Assist feature turns off every notification, so you can focus on the task at hand. But if Outlook notifications are what you need the most, turning off this feature would be the right option.
- Head to ‘Settings’ on your system.
- After that, go to ‘System.’
- Navigate to ‘Focus Assist.’
- Set it off.
- That’s it; now you will get Outlook alerts.
Find if Outlook rules are causing the issue
Do you still find Outlook notifications not working? You might have set up rules that prevent alerts from working usually.
- Head to the ‘File’ menu in your Outlook.
- Tap ‘Manage Rules and Alerts.’
- Now, see if there’s a rule interrupting the flow of emails in your inbox.
- If yes, disable the rules.
Turn off the Work Offline feature in Outlook
This is a very easy fix that effectively eliminates the issue of the notification. If the Work Offline feature is on, there will be no link between Outlook and the server. As a result, you won’t get any emails. Disable the Work Offline mode in Outlook to get new email notifications.
- Launch Outlook.
- Go to the ‘Send/Receive’ tab.
- Tap the ‘Work Offline’ option.
- It will disable it.
- Now, check if you are getting email alerts.
Use any of these fixes whenever you find Outlook notifications not working. These are very simple to follow and will help you get rid of the issue quickly. But if you still find yourself unable to receive the notifications, connect with an email technical support expert.